Kevin Hart reveals he got over the entire Oscars drama

Kevin Hart

Kevin Hart was supposed to host this year’s Oscars, but he eventually stepped down, after he was caught deleting some homophobic tweets he made in the past.

Obviously, this created a lot of controversies, so he appeared this Wednesday on Good Morning America, to address everything.

“I’m done with it. It gets no more energy from me,” Kevin Hart told anchor Michael Strahan. “That’s why I said, for the last time, I’m addressing this. There’s no more conversation about it. I’m literally—I’m over that. I’m over the moment, and I’m about today. So, if it’s accepted great, If not, it’s nothing I can control.

The actor and comedian revealed that the Academy previously threatened him to revoke the hosting duties unless he apologized for his past comments. Obviously, he refused to do this, saying that he did it in the past. So…he quit and issued an apology.